Butterfly Necklace | Cork in Test Tube and Wood Cube
Brand Olive Bites
Imagine for a moment we are a single cell among the millions of cells that make up a caterpillar. Our little world has been operating like a well-oiled machine and creeping along most predictably until one day the machine begins to shake and shutter. Systems fail. Cells begin to commit suicide. There is a sense of doom and darkness.
But, from within the dying population of cells, a new breed of cell starts to immerge. They are called imaginal cells (really how cool is that).
Clustering in communities they devise a plan out of the wreckage. They create a great flying machine - a butterfly - that enables the survivor cells to escape the ashes of the caterpillar world and experience the unimaginable (and yet not unimaginable because it is the imaginal cells that did it) beautiful butterfly world!
Don't you love butterflies ever more now!
- Made with natural whole cork, 2mm stainless steel ballchain, industrial hardware with an awesome antique silver lobster clasp and a science grade glass test tube in wood cube.
- Cork is about 1", test tube is 6"
- Upcycled wood cube comes with a fun magnet!
- Sealed to be weatherproof (should not be submerged in water though since cork is wood)
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- 100% handmade in NJ
- CHARM CAN BE STAMPED WITH ANY INITIAL - IF YOU WOULD LIKE A ONE LETTER INITIAL PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN COMMENTS SECTION OF YOUR ORDER
Cork is the bark of the cork oak tree. My cork is grown in managed forests in Portugal and Spain where the bark is carefully harvested, once every nine years, in a centuries-old tradition with hand tools and without fertilizers or pesticides; a process that ensures the forests will remain undamaged!
My jewelry designs are © Olive Bites Studio 2007-2013, the images on the jewelry are copyrighted by the copyright holders and used here with permission.
Is this a gift shipping directly to the recipient? Just let me know in the comments to seller section if you would like a gift message included!